Monday, December 15, 2008

finding joy

Its 16 degrees in our city today. We have had a fun day staying inside!

We are not putting up a tree this year, we didn't think we would be here... so we painted one instead! Avi Joy painted all the Christmas balls (or swirls) herself. It is so precious, I think I will have to have it framed and hang it somewhere in the house every Christmas. (or year-round : )
Avi Joy got a haircut. The front does not seem to grow much at all, but that bottom layer sure does and we do not want any mullet action going on.
Made a batch of our famous chocolate chip cookies. Today we just stuck to eating the dough. The batch makes 36 cookies, we ended up baking 27. Proven fact: you always eat more dough than you would cookies.
Our LifeGroup decided to purchase a Jesus Well for Christmas this year. In this last fews weeks where my heart has just been aching over Nehemiah, this Jesus Well has brought such sweet joy to my spirit.

Avi Joy just loves playing in our bed. Can you see Adam?

Avi Joy and Kari Lynne, two precious girls placed in their mommy's hearts.

NEHEMIAH NEWS: not much to report. I will be emailing HCMC/Hanoi tomorrow to see if our paperwork has left/arrived for pre-approval. We are hoping for a G & R date no later than mid-Jan. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

"A man finds joy in giving an apt reply- and how good is a timely word!" Proverbs 15:23

The Perryman's

5 comments:

Nadra said...

I've been checking your blog constantly today. I started to call you..I've been thinking about you guys and praying. Love the painting of the Christmas tree....how precious.

Daniel and Jamie said...

Love the Christmas painting. Praying that you will travel soon. I was hoping that y'all would be getting around Jan 9th when we are back in town. Praying that it is soon...

Fort Worth Baby Photographer said...

The tree is adorable! Hoping for your pre-approval soon! Again, the scripture is always a blessing to me. Thank you.

http://erinstepstones.wordpress.com

Kim said...

I have been checking on you too. I am thinking about you Natasha! I know this has been terrible getting delayed like this. It all seems so pointless to us, I hope you have a Merry Christmas! I love the TREE!

Kerrie (aka Zak's mom!) said...

I can't believe you are ACTUALLY leaving!!! To God be the Glory forever and ever!!! The tree is beautiful...you all are so stinkin' creative...but what a beautiful reminder of the blessings He pours down on us every day, even in the waiting! Love you sweet Perrymans!! Have safe travels...we can't wait to meet Nehemiah live and in person!