Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy First Birthday

Avi Joy has been obsessed with brides lately. She wants to hear all about when I was a bride, how her dad asked my dad if he could marry me, how her "dadam" (Dad + Adam) gave me a ring, how brides dance with grooms... at our last Homan playdate, she actually grabbed Andrew and said, "Andrew, I need a groom to dance with!"
Here Avi Joy is dressed-up in one of my slips as a bride.
My girlfriend Vanessa send me this story about her son marrying Avi Joy:
"I asked Hudson what kind of girl he wanted to marry someday. (our sermon was on 1 peter and qualities of a godly woman). He said "I want to marry you mom!" and put his arm around my neck. awwwwee....so sweet! "Well, Hudson I'm already married to your dad." then he says, "What about Anna?" Then I say, "Hudson, Anna is your cousin. You can't marry anyone in your family. You need to marry someone who loves Jesus and wants to tell others about Him and likes to play at our house. And she can't be in your family."
He stops to think for a minute and then chimes in, "I know mom, I could marry Avi Joy! is she my cousin?" I say, "no she's not your cousin and maybe someday you will marry her. She is a great choice. She loves Jesus."
OH, TEAR! Thank you for taking the time to send that to me Vanessa, it warms my heart. Hudson and his brothers will all make amazing godly husbands someday!
Here is Avi Joy after the wedding... carrying her pink baby! I asked her how long a woman is pregnant, she said for 3 days. : )

Speaking of weddings, our friends Joel and Jenny were married on Friday night. It was a perfect outdoor ceremony, they are precious and are a great example of love.
Adam and I had a wonderful time as well. Who doesn't like to get all dressed-up, get a sitter and go to an awesome wedding?!
First comes love, then comes marriage then comes Nehemiah in the baby carriage.
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY SWEET BOY!
I am not sure if I will ever be as emotional as I was on Avi Joy's first birthday. I cried all day for her birthmother because I just fully realized her pain and my gratitude all at once. I always pray for their birthmothers on their birthday's because there is one thing I know for sure... there are two women on opposite sides of the world overcome with love for the same child. One's love was demonstrated through sacrifice, one in being a forever family.
How I long to wash her feet for such a precious gift, her little Sang, my little Nehemiah Sang. Our family is filled with joy because of you both.

"An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips." Proverbs 24:26

Adam, Natasha, Avi Joy and Nehemiah
internationalblend

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Natasha!
I was just thinking about when Nehemiah's birthday was and had stopped to get a card for him and Ethan yesterday (the day you posted this). I guess that God must have been telling me the time was now. So, the card should be in the mail today or tomorrow. Happy first birthday Nehemiah! Can't wait to meet you this summer!!

Hugs,
Tracy, Rachle and Levi (your Can Tho buddy)

Nadra said...

Happy Birthday Nehemiah Sang. You are a precious little man.

amanda torres said...

Okay, you have me crying! That last part about Nehemiah's birthmom. You are such an awesome girl to think and pray for their birth mothers. Avi Joy and Nehemiah are all the better for it.

Heather M. said...

Oh, Happy 1st Birthday little boy! You have a very thoughtful mommy!!! And I love Avi Joy in her 'wedding dress'...that is just too precious!

Heather M.

Tracy said...

Hey Natasha!
It's Rachel!
I'm really looking forward to coming to visit you this summer!!!