Friday, November 20, 2009

The Torres Tidbits came over this week. We had a grand time until I tried to Mason's picture. He is going to have get over this phase because he is too handsome to not be photographed. Here is the littlest tidbit... Addison.
You have got to LOVE a friend who will love on your children like their own. Amanda has this ability with many children in her life. We have known this family for over 10 years and if I drank fine wine (yuck!) I would say they age just like fine wine... they become more amazing, mature and godly with age. Maybe they age like milk- I love cheese!
Sharing at it's best... the rest of mom's fruit smoothie. If I want them to share- all I have to do is hand them a drink with two straws in it and they think its soooo cool.
As ya'll know Avi Joy takes dance. She loves to dress up in ballet slippers or tap shoes and show off her moves. I never thought about Nehemiah trying them out until this week. I put and extra pair of tap shoes on him and it was the most fun of the day. They laughed at each other tapping in circles for 30 minutes straight.
My mom came over and played with the kids while I cut great-grandma Doris' hair. My mom is a wonderful NanNa to her two (and growing) grandkids.
Doris came bearing gifts. Nehemiah loves his new laptop (above) and Avi Joy and GGD played a game of Shoots and Ladders. We are so thankful to be surrounded by such love.
ADOPTION NEWS:
Our DHS (stateside adoption) is going well. A "Reader" verified that our homestudy was complete and sent it off to our case worker.
The next step is called a "Staffing." Our first staffing is December 8th. They are once a month.
Our case worker and the children's case workers will try to make a match.
We are praying for a quick match, as in months and not years to be matched.
The wild thing is that many families (like 50-100+) can be matched for one child. Then the case workers have to go though all the family-files to see which family they think would be the best match. Here again, we are praying for favor.
We believe that God has an older child for our family and we are waiting for this good plan to unfold.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

The Perryman Family

1 comment:

amanda torres said...

Woah! A little weird to log on to your blog and see my tidbit. Yes,the oldest tidbit is quite the stinker with the camera, and the littlest tidbit is quite the ham. I so loved cuddling with Nehemiah. He sure knows how to melt a momma's heart.