Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Latest Projects

I picked up this wooden baby highchair at a Just Between Friends sale. It was a seven dollar investment and I had big plans for this little chair. It only took me like 15 months to actually come up with something to paint on it, but then the vision came, Adam left for Haiti and I worked on the chair! Nothing like a little "free time" to push one to create!
I decided to write "mẹ thương con" in Vietnamese on the top. With the translation under that, "mom loves you". I went with a shade of orange because she has a lot of orange accents in her bedroom and I like to stay away from everything being so pink. Then distressed the whole chair and aged it with both purple and off white. Yes, freehand people, so don't get too critical.
I asked Avi Joy what the baby should eat. We came up with peas, Kashi hearts and O's and mandarin oranges.
I just love how it turned out and it really does look cute in her bedroom. She has always used this as her nightstand. She puts her babies in it to sit and places her night water on the tray. I love that someday she will be able to say, "oh my mom painted this for me." That warms my mommy heart, mẹ thương con.
My next project was one that also came to me about 9 months ago. I had a dream that the frame around my living room mirror had the word "peace" painted on it. A few times I thought about doing it, but it was just not the right timing. Just before Adam left for Haiti, the Lord showed me an awesome verse, (I have changed it from third to first person) "Lord, You establish peace for me; all that I have accomplished You have done for me. O Lord, my God, other lords besides You have ruled over me, but Your Name alone will I honor." Isaiah 26:12-13
Thus from this scripture comes, "For You O King Establish Peace for me." This is with the lights on...
Natural light... huge difference in color huh?!
On the frame... lights on.
On the frame with lights off. Crazy difference.
I had a great time working on projects while he was gone. I become extremely craft focused and have to put my hands, time, heart and mind onto something creative. We all have gifts, what do you do with your extra time??
NHP

6 comments:

amanda torres said...

Love both of the projects! Great job!

Jason and Erin said...

what's the difference between me thuong con and me yeu con?

evie s. said...

Beautiful Natasha! I love your typography on both projects!

Rhonda said...

Love the final product on the chair! I wonder why I didn't notice the frame verse? Oh well, we always have too much to talk about! :)

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

So cool, Natasha! You are so talented!! Avi Joy will surely treasure this piece of art her mama made just for her!

Nadra said...

What do I do with extra time?....Honestly....sleep :)

Love your new projects. You are so incredibly talented and creative.