Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Birthday Part One

Our little Avi Joy turned four years old on April 23rd! We head out to St. Louis every year to celebrate my dad's birthday and both our kiddos birthday's with all our MO family. My aunt made lasagna and my uncle bought her flowers for her birthday.
The last few moments of her birthday day...heading off to bed in dress-up clothes- her hello kitty leo. She truly lives up to the meaning of her name, "My Father's Joy," and brings us unspeakable joy as well. We talked about her birthmother before we went to bed. Sharing that she was thinking about her today as well and of course I cried and told her that her birthday makes mommy so happy and thankful that she is in our family forever.
Avi Joy helping shave her grandpa Ken's beard.
Nehemiah's turn. The kids loved helping as you can imagine... all my dad's idea by the way.
The day of the triple birthday party. The girls were off to primp and Avi Joy got to wear a little make-up to her party!
The girls.
Avi Joy- ONE
Avi Joy- TWO
Avi Joy- THREE
Avi Joy- FOUR
Sweetness.
Usually it is sunny in St. Louis, but this time it rained on and off the four days we were there. Good thing our family likes the rain!
Handsome Nehemiah ready for the party. His actual birthday is May 18th, his party will be "Birthday Part Two."
The boys.
My two aunts and lil' n.
This is one of my favorite pictures of our time in St. Louis. My aunt and cousin and my kiddos all laughing. Its is a melt-your-heart-one for me.
I made stromboli for dinner with sides and dessert. Can you tell what is going on in this pic? All the men all headed for the food at the same time.
All the McHale ladies.
My uncle Tim made the kids/himself crowns... Nehemiah is the Prince.
Avi Joy is the Princess. My uncle Tim is the coolest king. Yes, on the front it says, "Coolest Uncle," on the side it says, "That's what she said!" He is a riot to say the least.
We always have themes for their party. Last year it was "Read to me" asking for books. This year it was Crafts and Outdoors. She got things she can make and he received things he that can go outside.
Dress up shark hat.
Buzzzzzz hat.
Bubble gun was the hit. Although sharing was an issue.
Hugs from Knowlton my cousin. I have cousins from 35 years old down to my uncle expecting a baby this week! Wide range of kiddos in our family and I love it!
We had a great time in St. Louis with our family. They are so loving and hospitable and our time there always seems too short. We love you all!

Romans 16, "Greet one another with a holy kiss."

The Perryman Family

3 comments:

Nadra said...

Such beautiful kiddos N. Love seeing Avi Joy and Nehemiah. They're getting so big...where DOES the time go?

Rhonda said...

Love the pictures. Glad the trip went well. We need to get together soon.

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Happy birthday to Avi Joy! I cannot believe she is four...Wow! I loved all of the pictures and reading about ur family traditions.