Saturday, May 28, 2011

Vitamins anyone?

Let's get this blogpost started right! (Let's get this blogpost started quickly, right?! Maybe one of you got that : )
SOOO to start this off right, I must honor boys and vitamins and nipples. Apparently, the perfect trifecta. This was what I saw at 7am while fixing breakfast! My word. He. Is. Funny.
For the kids birthday this year we asked for outside bikes and a scooter!
All 3 kiddos with their new gifts from us and their grandparents.
I was given the gift of being the Mural Coordinator for Clean Slate. Clean Slate is in the same line as Extreme Home Makeover, as in our church transforms homes from top to bottom. This year Clean Slate also transformed a school, Wright Elementary. Myself and a team of artists completed 42 murals in the school.
My mom working on Cat and the Hat for the library.
Wright serves as the only deaf education program for our city. My mother's sister is deaf, along with many other members of our family. My mothers other sister is an interpreter for the deaf. My mom painted the most beautiful mural outside the deaf ed classroom.
The school was focused on Flight (Wright Brothers). First floor was flight: hot air balloons, helicopter, commercial plane and bi-plane. Second floor was flight in nature: hummingbird, butterflies, owls and air mail bird. Third floor was flight in space: planets, rocket, launching pad and an astronaut. Here I am painting a rocket lunching from Earth.
And painting a helicopter carrying a crate of schoolbooks.
Adam did a great job painting as well. An artist on the team created a new logo for the school and we put the new brand in each stairwell. Here is Adam painting a logo.
I had so many favorites out of the 42 murals, but I really liked the organic paint quality of artist J. Williams.
Here was a helicopter "nook" under the stairwell. The landing gear was painted ski's and some handymen attached them to the wall making it look like it was a landing helicopter.
The Cafeteria was a complete transformation. From a "jail" to a mural covered wonderland! This is one of five sections in the cafeteria!
This month we attended our last Vietnamese class. Avi Joy getting her certificate of completion of her second year. (I did too and my high school class cheered for me, it was so sweet.)
Just one of my many many many favorite things about attending lessons at the Vietnamese church. My Co Nga wearing socks with her dress shoes. It is just so her.
Hanging out with the Williams family. We met this cutiepie's parents at our community group and have grown to just adore their family!
Lani as Mary Magdalene and Avi Joy as Mary. What a pair!
My sweetie.
Picnic with the Butters and the Lydens! (Between 3 moms, 10 kiddos)
Avi Joy's last day of gymnastics. She has always been slightly physically delayed since coming home and gymnastics has really helped her in SO many ways!

Brother is a master gymnasts!
Sarah and Avi Joy with their awards. Sarah is an AMAZING naturally gifted gymnasts.
LIl' N climbing high.
Our best friends kiddo, Miss Maggie. They are headed out to India to serve for 4 years. We have been blessed to have them over a lot over the last month before they leave. I love how Mag's dinner has landed perfectly in her pocket.
Favorites of the month.
Isaiah 41 and Isaiah 42

The Perryman Family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We made the Perryman blog - woot! Love seeing your pics. I think Jack needs to take gymnastics now. Miss you guys :)