Friday, September 16, 2011

This summer was a season of ART!
One of my faithful clients wanted a quilt slipcover for her 5 x 5 foot ottoman. She purchased all the fabrics and I set to work cutting, ironing, pinning and sewing. It took about 25 hours of work. Which really is not that much and it was really fun! (Reminded me to get on the ball making quilts for my kiddos.)
She also had me antique an old vase for her to match the quilt!
I had the opportunity to paint seven windows for Chick-fil-a. It was for their Spirit Week event for Bixby vs. Jenks, two local rival schools. Painting on the windows freehand was a job! For three windows I stood on a 12 foot ladder. All were painted with acrylic paint.
Avi Joy stopped by to see mama paint.
Over the summer was a 150 hour job for our church. They provided childcare two days a week so that volunteers could come transform the kids wing into a castle. I had the honor of being the artist director for this project. Basically brainstorming all ideas, what should go where, drawing them on the walls, coordinating artists to help paint and making sure all projects were finished to perfection! LOVED IT! My mom and Karrington were able to help paint and did a tremendous job!
Banners on the wall.
Five shields down a hallway.
Horse and Knight.
3D Castle. I made these bars out of cut pieces of soaker hose!
Knight and Princess bathroom door signs.
Painted fireplace with castle motto.
Jesus' Throne Room!
Water feature.

Do these paintings not LOOK REAL?! We added 3D elements throughout the halls. Such as jewels and rivets, helping to make everything just pop.
One of my friends said her son was trying to climb up the "stairs" to Jesus' Throne Room. Cracks me up!

Currently working on a few watercolors paintings, Halloween costumes and painting our names on the back of our chairs.
And no, I am not busy, I say no to a lot, so I can say yes to the things I love. Like, the things of God, adoption causes, schooling the kids, Vietnamese language and artwork.

"How beautiful are your feet in sandals, O prince’s daughter! The curves of your hips are like jewels, the work of the hands of an artist." Song of Solomon 7:1

NHP

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl, you've got skillz :) Jack was looking at the throne last night and said, "Look mom, Jesus walks up those steps and sits on his chair." Heart. Melting.
Can't wait to see how God uses your talents next...