Monday, June 8, 2009

Cooking tradition

While Nehemiah slept we girls whipped up a "Natasha Special" (made-up recipe). This is our tradition when Adam heads out of town. This business trip was only one night, but we spoil ourselves anyway. We decided on Lemon Sugar Cookies, fresh zest and icing...
And ohhh boy were they good!
Decided on a new camera. We got the Canon Rebel T1i. The whole only looking through the viewfinder (on full-auto) is really hard to get used to after a point-and-shoot, but I am getting used to it. I do LOVE the clarity and I can catch every detail quickly. Here are some upclose ones of my little man.

Adam snapped this one of Andrew. Super cute!
Avi Joy snuggling with daddy.
Then bam. A smile. And I was able to catch this nano-second smile with my camera : )
I like the sharp and out-of-focus look too. Nehemiah is sharp while I am slightly blurry.
We had a perfect playdate at the zoo last week. (The Lydens, Mooris, Whites, Butters and us.)
All our children lined up for my favorite thing at the zoo: The Elephant Demo!
Sweet pic of Caleb.
My favorite picture from the zoo. The Ostrich was doing a mating dance to a nearby gulf cart, the zoo keeper says he always thinks she is another Ostrich! (minus three kiddos)
Ever ridden a camel? Me neither. But Karsyn, Avi Joy and Kamryn so enjoyed riding a camel at the zoo. Money well spent I think. We paid for the memory and supported the zoo.
We have a very busy week! Creative Kids Art Camp Tues/Thursday for about 20 kids at Newheart Fellowship followed by Vietnam Family Weekend. Whoo hoo, its going to be wonderful!

"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
This is from HEARTLIGHT. I love their daily email, it really sticks with you.

With love,
Adam, Natasha, Avi Joy and Nehemiah

4 comments:

Angela Gibson said...

The camera looks great. Love the pictures.

Leigh said...

Great pictures! You'll love that camera.

Looking forward to this weekend. See you Friday!

Tracy said...

Looks like you have had some fun summer things going on already! I can't wait to join with you in July and see that new camera of yours. I just might have to be asking for one for Christmas after seeing yours.

Hugs,
Tracy

evie s. said...

Oh the zoo looked like fun! Your new camera takes great pictures too.