Wednesday, March 25, 2009

family time

And Finally...
JANUARY, FEBRUARY AND MARCH PICTURES

It started snowing today around 9am and by 3:00 in the afternoon it has reached 6 inches. I am sure it has more to go and they say it will be icy tomorrow.
Since we were in for the day I went ahead and brought out a craft I was saving for her birthday. We were going to make her a tulle skirt to wear at her party... she will just get to wear it a few weeks early. Here we are getting all our supplies out.
We tied the elastic and cut the tulle into strips, then looped them through. Now I will say I made one of these when she was younger that tied in the back, I like it much better because this one is already a little loose.
We had extra so her two babies, Taawa and Phoung, both got skirts to match their mama.

We headed to MO last weekend to visit our family (N's mom's side). We all went out for an awesome Italian meal... waited over an hour for it to be prepared because it was all handmade! Yummy.
Starting with Avi Joy clockwise. Emily, Chet, Angela, Ruth, Herold, Natasha, Hannah, Adam and Jansen! We love us some family-time.

Two faux-bronzed hotties kisses on one for-real white man!

Hard to get pic's of us. Were usually taking the pictures, with our kids.

Mommy ballerina. She loves to play dress up in her ballet outfit. She also likes to carry around her baby's in her sling. She is going to be a great mommy someday... here she is holding 'Miss Elijah.'

Our grandparents, Herold and Ruth. His nickname is Hoot and that he is. Married almost 60 years.

Grandma meeting Nehemiah for the first time. It was great to have everyone love on our kids for the weekend.

CURRENT FAVORITES:

Things I love about Avi Joy
1. She makes up songs all the time (I will post one at the bottom)
2. I love her curly hair, its just so unique
3. She is smart and remembers ev.rey.thing.
4. She loves girly things, dress up, reading, cooking, baby dolls
5. She is a people-person, loves to socially interact

Things I love about Nehemiah:
1. Super tough, bumps and bruises are no biggie
2. How he has learned to sit, crawl, zoom and climb so quickly
3. Very loving, huggie and kissie
4. He is so handsome
5. He always has a big smile waiting for you

Things I love about Adam:
1. Likes to cook and shop at specialty stores
2. Enjoys good clean fun and adventure
3. Knows everything about computers
4. Really serves his wife and kids
5. Listens a lot... he lives with talkers

Things I have learned about myself this week:
1. I am just not a good person if I don't spend daily time with God
2. Realizing that some friends are just meant to be acquaintances
3. I am always reminded that life really is short
4. I truly love Vietnam
5. I am talented at many things, but not a novice in one area
Avi Joy's remix from the bathtub yesterday, and I am not kidding. All sung, loudly.
"Farajaka, Farajaka, dor may vu, happy birthday to you, bless our food, bless our food.
Jingle bells, k.i.s.n.g., first comes marrage, first comes baby, mom can I get out?"

"David danced before the Lord with all his might... I will celebrate before the Lord. I will become even more undignified than this..." 2 Samuel 6:14 &22

Adam, Natasha, Avi Joy and Nehemiah

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the song! Pure joy!

Heather M. said...

Oh I love the little song too!! It is priceless...and her with her babies! Oh...too sweet! She must have a good role model! ;)

Heather M.

Nadra said...

Love all of the new pictures. Both kiddos are A-Dorable!!! Cute as buttons. We must get together soon.

Hugs my friend!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I can't wait to do all of these girly things w/Emmy