Saturday, January 30, 2010

Good ol' snow days

Here is my favorite picture of our 3 days inside. My kiddos loving on each other. My favorite because they generally did more crying, whining and 'I am just so tired of you' type attitudes, so I am relishing on this hug.
This was Nehemiah. Cutting 6 teeth, not eating or sleeping well, constant fussing, running nose and has a cold. And he made it well known that if his mother dared to walk through a room without picking him up that all his baby-drama would ensue.
We did play a few games. Here is the surprise game.
Brother learning to be surprised.
I made a new Valentines day skirt for Avi Joy. Used up some old ribbon, white tulle and cut some red hearts from an old jacket I had. Gotta love hot glue and the results were cute.
Nehemiah wanted his turn in the Valentines skirt. I know he will not always want to participate in our girly fun, so for now, I always let him : )
I told Avi Joy she could do anything she wanted on Friday morning because it was a snow day! She chose to move her whole bed (by herself) and living room chairs to make a dinosaur train to play in for the day.
Daddy got to "work" from home. Working like this seems pretty doable.
Then we made a cookie craft. ANY parent can do this, so go do it! Pick a country and make it out of cookie dough! We used our Silpat (love, love) and made a Vietnam cookie. I do not like cookies, but I am head over heels for cookie dough.
My favorite indoor moment of the weekend... Korean Barbie at the haircutting station.
Kristin, a long time girlfriend and hair client, I fully expect you to do this next week when you come for a haircut. Clothes are optional, the flip over the chair with hands in hair is required.
Avi Joy watching the snow coming down. Adam said we got about 6-8 inches.
After brother went to bed, little joy joy and I did a craft. We took a breadcrumbs canister, some scrapbook paper, glue and rhinestones and made a cute craft.
She is SO crafty. We have decided her birthday party theme this year will be arts and crafts. Even I, an art teacher by trade, needs some help keeping this crazy cutting, drawing, art gal busy.
Adam and Avi Joy played in the snow. She LOVES the snow!
We made snowcones...
And they were very yummy.
Brother beggin daddy for some of his. I did end up sharing with him, but we are trying not to spread too many germs. But that is nearly impossible being the mama, right?!
We shared a little bit about Haiti...
Here is a scripture that pretty much sums up how we feel right now:
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen" Ephesians 3:20-21

The Perryman Family

2 comments:

evie s. said...

Aww, Eli is feeling just about the same, cutting some molars. Poor guys! Looks like you had great fun being indoors, love the sno cone idea!

Rhonda said...

I love seeing all of your ideas for keeping the kids happy and entertained! Who needs TV when you have Natasha's blog? :)

Also...Joy Joy...cute little nickname for her!