Sunday, January 24, 2010

Here is a little shout out to Party of Four. Nehemiah has been totally gaga over baby Drew's picture that dropped of the fridge this week. He has been carrying it around for 3 days saying, "Baby, baby." It has now been folded, wrinkled, kissed on and stuck in every pocket. Baby Drew has been well loved!
Sweet girl and all her 10,000 faces. My mom and I went to Nam Hai market this week to find her a new Ao Doi (traditional Vietnamese dress) for our upcoming Lunar New Year celebration. While we were there we couldn't help buying some Vietnamese mini-banana's. They ripen within 2 days and are so yummy. We have them over cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and make banana bread.
Avi Joy and Sidney off to Bible school. I have known Sidney's mom since I started high school. Her grandma takes her to CBS and she and I just love reminiscing about how she met me when I was 15 and now have kids of my own. She mentioned to me this week about praying for my kids, how she knows I do it now, but how I will reallly do it when they are teenagers. (Reading between the lines here, I know she was praying for her daughter and ME when we were teens! Thank you!)
Favorite activity of the week. Bathing Korean Barbi in the sink. Everyday, sometimes twice a day.
Lovie time with mama. She makes my heart sing. In big news for her, we are not putting her in public school next year. She "should" be starting in the half-day 5 day a week program at our local elementary school, but we are choosing to do school at home and stay in our extra activities (Bible school, dance, community group). I have loved the learning center she has attended one day a week (for two years) but that time has come to an end because when she turns four they increase the required hours of attendance. Most likely Nehemiah will start one day a week and she will get to do more projects or school on those days. We will see how it all unfolds!

Before my girlfriend left for Africa (two weeks ago) we were hanging out at her house and I noticed this Pray Often sign. In passing I said, "I have never noticed this sign in your kitchen... I really love it. What a great reminder to have." Welllll, before she left she blessed us with 3 tubs of boy clothes (she has 3 boys) which we really needed. And sure enough as I am opening the tubs, she wrapped the Pray Often sign in one of the tubs. I immediately teared up (and am even now!) and let out a long sigh. How I love this lifelong friend. This reminds me to pray for them in Africa and to always bring everything before my Father. Love you sister.

Learned more this week than I can possibly share. I put a few thoughts down on my personal blog, but here is one scripture that particularly touched my heart...
"You establish peace for me. All that I have accomplished, You have done in me. O Lord, my God, other lords besides You have ruled over me, but Your Name alone do I honor." Isaiah 26:12-13

Adam, Natasha, Avi Joy and Nehemiah

2 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Great verses, Natasha.

You guys are sooo lucky to have a Vietnamese market near you. I would LOVE that.

Are you planning to use a curriculum for Avi Joy's preschool next year?

Nadra said...

Maybe the extra lovin' from Nehemiah was why Drew was super sweet this week :)

Always love reading about and seeing pictures of your sweet family.