Monday, March 12, 2012

Vietnam Day One

We arrived in Hanoi on Sunday night and were able to check into the hotel and go straight to bed. (After starting our journey 2 days before on Friday night, laying down to sleep was heaven.) We woke up refreshed and it was a scheduled day off to recover, shop and sight see around Hanoi.
Checking into the Bao Khanh Hotel.
At 8am, mom and I walked around beautiful Hoan Kiem Lake. These are the two most famous areas of the lake, the red bridge that takes you to a temple and an old temple in the middle of the lake.
We watched the ladies prepare breakfast by massacring a fish on the sidewalk.
And they were selling little pineapples to go with their bowl of fish pho.
We went to the silk district to buy lots of ao doi's for my kiddos and some friends too. I was fitted for a handmade ao doi that we will pick up on the return trip.
We had a GVI meeting mid-morning to go over our trip details and we decided to met on the rooftop of the hotel. This is the view of Hanoi from the 9th floor of the Bao Khanh.
Then my mom and I spent the whole day together talking and shopping. What a precious time indeed. We bought artwork, silk bags, cards and and a few other special items and it was a successful day. (And no cooking, cleaning, hiney wiping or disciplining made for a really energetic woman!) Here is are a set of pictures just for my hub's...

"In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength, might and inflexibility to temptation in my inner self. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever." Psalm 137:3 & 8

NHP

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love seeing your travels. I feel like I can smell the air when I look at the red bridge photo. Also on the fish massacre photo :) Thinking of you often and praying! Those fabrics were gooooorgeous! We'll pray for you at CG tomorrow night. Ta ta!