Sunday, March 11, 2012

Flying to Vietnam

Our flight was supposed to leave Tulsa at 7:30pm on Friday night, but it was delayed until 10:50pm, so we got into Dallas at midnight.
We woke up and took the airport tram at 7am to our international connection. We met up with our team there and took off at 11am in the morning for our 14 hour 40 minute flight.
We had a short layover in Seoul, Korea, then had our final 5 hour flight to Ha Noi, Vietnam. Arriving in the wee hours of Monday morning. The final hour of our flight to Korea. Korean airlines was superb!
And do I dare show you what I look like after all this flying? This is really for my kids, to show them my teeny-tiny toothpaste that I used after our long flight.
Mom and I watched a couple movies and I wrote a lot on my novel. It was a daytime flight, so neither of us really slept, a few moments of rest here and there, but mostly talking or writing or movies.
One documentary I watched had a really great quote worth sharing, "The courage of the water drop is to fall in the desert." Lao She. Sounds very Asian to me and seems very true to our trip.

We will arrive in Ha Noi soon. The current plans are for the team to sleep in, shop in the afternoon and then catch the night train to Lao Cai that night.

NHP

1 comment:

goldenruhl said...

So glad you arrived safely! I watched your flt all the way over-I know you must be tired!!! Keep the pictures and updates coming....so excited for you both!!!! XOX. Nancy