Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 11

ALL DAY ELEVEN PICTURES

Our special delivery : )
We walked through the button, thread, fruit, clothes, c.d. and movie districts today. We have been walking at least 2-4 hours each day. We have so enjoyed all the walking, it really does allow you to take-in all that is going on. This afternoon though we decided to take a break from walking and hired a cyclo to take us through the city. 
He peddled us around the lake and back to our hotel. It was lots of fun, even if he tried to swindle us for another 100,000 Dong after he dropped us off. (He said it was for 100,000 for 2 people then dropped us off and said that it was for one and we owed him. We did not pay, but I am sure this works well for him with others.)

The Robbins have some friends who live in Hanoi so tonight we went out with them to their favorite restaurant, Mediterriano. We also met three families from Ireland who had their G & R today. We have seen many beautiful-colorful families since we arrived in Hanoi.

I was really homesick this afternoon. Yuck, its so sad. We will get our paperwork moving as our Visa app't is tomorrow at 2pm. Then we will pick up our visa and be able to book tickets to come home. Our travel agent said things look tight throughout the week, but we are still hoping to come home before this weekend.

Sidenote: We get Korea MTV in our hotel room and it is a riot!

"In the past God spoke to our forefathers through prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son." Hebrews 1:1

P's




4 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

It looks like you guys are having a great trip. I am sorry you are feeling homesick. I hope you are able to get tickets out early in the week. I am sure you are ready to see adorable Avi Joy!

Loved all of the pictures! Baby boy is so precious! I have never seen soooo many buttons...wow!

Nadra said...

Hoping and praying you can come some sooner. I know the home sick feeling....it stinks. But, it won't be too long until you're home and settling in as a family of four. Girl...I'm telling you....it's going to be nuts...but oh so much fun. Love you guys and can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Well P family...........I miss you and I am praying for favor and that you are on a plane as early as possible. I think I miss my Natasha and I need to meet Super Baby in person! We have lots of boy talk to cover as we are just full to the brim with boys at our house......Enjoy your time there and come back soon!!!

Rhonda R.

Julie said...

I totally know the homesick feeling. I got that way one day in Hanoi also.

I love all of the pictures. Makes me really miss Vietnam.