Friday, January 2, 2009

Day Two

ALL DAY TWO PICTURES
Went shopping in the art district today, just amazing! The artists are very gifted.
We found artwork for Nehemiah's room and Susie/Heather both requested artwork in the Vietnamese style, which we found and bought two perfect pieces. My heart skipped a beat when I found Leo among the treasures.
We are happy as can be shopping in the market! Thank you so much to our family and friends for taking care of Avi Joy at home while we are here soaking up the beauty of Vietnam. Sunday will make it much more beautiful- meeting Nehemiah.
Busy street in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City.
They had everything we could want and more in the marketplace. They REALLY try hard to call you to their stand to check out their stuff. They resorted to flattery with us... here are the best two quotes of the day.
To Adam: "You have such beautiful eye, they have no color."
To Natasha: "You have beautiful form, I fat."

Below is the highlight of the day! After breakfast with Thomas and Phoung we went to check out the Dillon office in Vietnam. There was one seat open on Thomas' bike and I took it! It was 10 mins of pure delight from our hotel through the streets to the office. I loved every minute and am so glad he indulged my hanging on tight and screaming when we almost got hit by a car. "Happens all the time," he said. : ) 
We traveled out at night and the city was bumping. I have never seen so many people together in my life. Every citizen apparently comes out at night, many in p.j.'s, to eat, hang with family and play with their kids in the streets. The weather was PERFECT, it could not have been a better night. We came in and fell asleep about 8:30pm, I am posting this about 4am on Sat morning, I am sure I will have to rest later.

We look forward to meeting two other families today and having a Vietnamese dinner with the staff tonight.

"The father of a righteous man has great joy." Proverbs 23:24

Adam and Natasha

4 comments:

Jill and Andy said...

The photos are wonderful! So glad you are having a great time. Can't wait to see and read more!!!

amanda torres said...

So many wonderful memories! I'm so so excited for you guys. I've been checking everyday to read about your adventures. Can't wait for the post on Sunday's journey!

Susie said...

tell Thomas and the rest of the dillon staff we said hello!

Nadra said...

You look like you are having so much fun. Tell Thomas and the gang hello from us. I'm getting ready to look at the pictures now. Can't wait until tomorrow to read about meeting Nehemiah for the first time.

I know you're missing Avi Joy, but you have done the right thing. This time alone with Nehemiah will be priceless.

Sending hugs all the way from home.