Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 12

ALL DAY TWELVE PICTURES
We started off our morning with a clean diaper then headed out to the streets of Hanoi. We walk through the maternity, office supply, Buddhism, flower and cake districts. Randomly thrown in were some fruit stalls, basket makers and a giant mall that sold high-end stuff.
We had lunch at Bobby Chinn's which was recommended by other families. Our stomachs have been not quite right so we dined light on mac and cheese. It was the best mac and cheese in the free world, penne pasta, lots of cheese and baked in a clay pot.
At 2pm we had our visa app't at the US Embassy. It was a simple interview and Loc from Dillon picked them up at 4:30 this afternoon. With these in hand we can come home.

We went to the airline office and it was either Tues or Sat. So we choose Tuesday. I am glad we spent our extra days in HCMC because I am in love with that city. Adam is more of a Hanoi guy so we have spent extra time soaking in as much as we can since we are leaving tomorrow night. Our plan...
Hanoi - Hong Kong - LA - Dallas - Tulsa, arriving Wed 14th 7:30am.
We headed out with the Robbins to the famous water puppet show then we had a friend date night. Melanie and I went to have massages then the boys went to eat sushi. (Wish I had pics from the show, but our camera battery died this afternoon.)

Adam and I were talking about going home and he asked me if I was more excited to see Avi Joy or eat Taco Bueno... if you do not have Taco Bueno, just think of your favorite mexican food and know that yes, I cannot cannot wait to see Avi Joy. Then eat Taco Bueno. : )
We will be checking out of the hotel tomorrow at 4pm and will see everyone soon.

Nehemiah's verse from the Lord when we started our adoption process:
"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your Name in all the earth." Psalm 8:1

Soon to be a family of four!

7 comments:

Nadra said...

Yay...you're coming home. I'm so excited. I'll be at the airport with bells on and camera in hand. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. See you soon!!!

Kim said...

I am so glad you are coming home!!! I totally understand about Bueno. After 3 weeks, I was dying for Dr. Pepper and Mexican food!!!

Susie said...

YAY!!!! Little shorter trip this time, huh? Can't wait to see pics of your family of 4!!! Love and prayers! Susie

Anonymous said...

We were driving down the road today and Hudson randomly said, "Avi Joy" and smiled really big. I asked him if he was missing her and he said "yes". Was she at Sunday school yesterday? I wondered what made him think of her. so cute. Can't wait to see you guys and meet your little prince.

Lisa said...

You'll be home in no time! Safe travels!!

Daniel and Jamie said...

We finally have our computer back at home so I can check in! ;) Cracking up about the Bueno. That is the first place we went after coming home from Vietnam. Can't wait to meet Nehemiah.

Jessica said...

Thank you for sharing your journey! We are so happy for you that things have gone so smoothly and you have your new son!

Funny Taco Bueno story. I origonally from Plano Tx. Wel,, when I was little I totally thought it was Taco Plano not Buena and no one could tell me differently, lol. Awe, I miss Taco Plano!