Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day Three

ALL DAY THREE PICTURES
The Rex Hotel has a fruit basket in each room. I decided to give some unique fruits a try this morning... a straight banana, the dragon fruit (pink with black/white) and a new red fruit I had never seen before the mam-roi.

Met up with the Robbins family for breakfast and lunch. They have lived in China for 10 years and are fluent in Mandarin. They have seen God do many amazing things during their time there and Adam and I were all questions with them about the mission field. They have a 3 1/2 year old son and will soon have a 8 month old little girl. 
Tomorrow, Sunday 4th, we will all drive out to Can Tho and meet our children for the first time!
My favorite shot of the day. Precious little girl thoroughly enjoying her coconut drink.

We finished our afternoon with Thai massage and pizza. The last time we were at the Rex the massages were $6, but like everything here (the room rates, laundry service, etc) the prices have doubled or more. The massages now are $32 for an hour. Not cheap enough for us.
So we headed down the street for a 75 min Thai massage for $13, tip included.
The little women pounded, stretched, walked, yanked and rubbed our whole bodies till they were putty. It was pure heaven for both of us.

Tomorrow's the big day, well not adoption day, but meeting Nehemiah day. Hoping internet will be working well in the province so we can post pictures. 

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4
(Reminding myself of this one as we saw a little girl today with curly hair who looked like Avi Joy. I got sad for a bit that we still have two weeks here. I know its the right thing, I am sure it will help meeting Nehemiah tomorrow.)

The Perryman's



7 comments:

Leigh said...

Can't wait to see you arriving safely in Can Tho and meeting your precious little boy! I love your pictures, thanks for sharing!

cupfar said...

Your photos are awesome! Loving the photos and missing Vietnam... :) Can't wait to following in your footsteps this year!! Safe ride to Can Tho!

Scott and Leslie said...

You are so close! Thanks for posting so many pictures. It brings back many memories of our trip to Can Tho. Looking forward to tomorrows photographs (with Nehemia)!

Lisa said...

I love your photos! Now I really can't wait to see it in person! And I can't wait to see those first pictures of you with Nehemiah!

Tracy said...

I know that you are probably on your way to Can Tho right now. I am so excited! I can't wait to see those pictures of you holding Nehemiah! I pray that your trip goes well and that you have good internet access so we can see the pictures soon!

Hugs,
Tracy

P.S. I am so glad that you got to travel at the same time as Melanie and her husband. I know that this was a God-ordained appointment for you!

Heather M. said...

I am loving following your trip! The pictures are awesome & it makes me feel like it was just yesterday when we were there! I can't wait to see your pictures of CanTho & your precious son!

Heather M.
Mommy to Blake, Bryce & Caleigh...all born in CanTho.

Willis said...

I so wish I was there with you eating dragon fruit and riding on the scooter with Thomas. How fun! But the best awaits you tomorrow!

Heather